Cervical cancer is the fourth most common cancer and the fourth leading cause of cancer death among women world-wide. Screening for the detection of cervical cancer and pre-cancer has reduced the incidence and mortality rate of this cancer type.
High quality HPV testing
High quality examinations are one of the important elements that determine the efficacy of the screening. The Cervex-Brush® Combi was developed in collaboration with women and physicians by Rovers® Medical Devices, specialist in the development of medical devices for gynaecological examinations for over 20 years.
The convenient Cervex-Brush® Combi provides doctors and nurses the option of a high quality Pap smear collection with a single device. The Cervex-Brush® Combi enables simultaneous collection of cells of the ectocervix, endocervix and transformation-zone in a single sample without bleeding or pain. The Cervex-Brush® Combi is an improvement over the regular Cervex-Brush® as it collects 2-3 times more endocervical cells with only 2 clockwise rotations on the cervical os.3
The Cervex-Brush® Combi can be used for HPV testing, conventional cytology and liquid-based cytology. The hydrophobic material of the brush facilitates the release of the cell material into the fluid.
- Two to three times higher yield of endocervical cells.1, 2
- Significantly higher HPV viral load.1, 2
- Higher detection rates of HPV 18.2
- Can be used for liquid-based as well as conventional cytology. The hydrophobic material of the brush facilitates the release of the cell material into the fluid.
- Optional detachable brush head can be supplied depending on the LBC method used.